Open to every industrial sector and research organisations, the Dynamics Test Centre (CED – Centre d’Essais Dynamiques in French), accredited by the Competitiveness Cluster MOV’ÉO, disposes of :
- A Reverse pneumatic catapult
- A six-axis vibration table for vibration and climate durability testing
- A six-axis vibration table for squeak and rattle testing
CED’s expertise :
- Meeting new regulatory demands and constraints and satisfying the needs of manufacturers and equipment suppliers
- Developing and validating innovations and components using a global “systems” approach
- Developing a new technical offer in France
- Providing support to private and public sector laboratories and regional sectors of industry (automobile, aviation…).
For its financial backers, the CED, also :
- Makes available to regional SMEs and SMIs research tools to validate tests and develop new products
- Organises conferences for industry and businesses (auditorium holding 120 people)
Public sector investment :
The Industrial Campus of Research and Innovation Applied to Materials (CIRIAM) is carried and financed by a Mixed Syndicate composed of the Regional Council of Normandy, the Departmental Council of Orne and Flers-Agglo. The Presidency of the Syndicat Mixte is ensured by Sophie Gaugain, First Vice-President of the Regional Council. The CED benefited from the creation of an FEDER contribution of € 1.03 million.
The Flers-Argentan Chamber of Commerce delegated by the government
In 2012, The Flers-Argentan Chamber of Commerce, a member of the CIRIAM, was chosen for the management and operation of the CED following a Public Service Delegation (DSP) procedure. Since 1 January 2016, this mission is now provided by the CCI Ouest Normandie (merger of the CCI Flers-Argentan, Center and Sud Manche and Cherbourg-Cotentin) following the reform of the Chamber of Commerce.
An Industrial and research campus in the heart of Normandy:
The CED is the latest addition to the CIRIAM, a 61 ha site, which comprises of :
- A seating mechanism production site for FAURECIA
- A Worldwide Research and Development centre for the design of seat mechanisms
- Internship training for engineers in “ Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science” (a branch of ENSICAEN)
The Lemoine France assembly and storage plant (2,000 m2), a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of cotton-based hygiene and care products, sold under private label.
The Thermocoax company (manufacturer of heating measurements for aeronautics, energy and space) – 12,000 m2 – 200 employees.